SelectQuote customers save an average of $693 per year when bundling home and auto coverage.
We compare home and auto insurance rates from dozens of our trusted carriers to find you lower prices on coverage.
Home Insurance and Car Insurance in Arkansas
Shopping for home and auto insurance in Arkansas? SelectQuote can help. We compare quotes from several home insurance and auto insurance companies at once to offer you competitive rates for your coverage. Whether it’s your first time shopping for insurance coverage or you’re in the market for a cheaper rate, we can help you save time and money by hunting for discounts—including by bundling your home and auto insurance into one convenient policy.
Homeowners Insurance in
According to recent data from the U.S. Census Bureau, 66.8% of Arkansas residents are homeowners.1 And for every home owned in Arkansas, a home insurance policy can go a long way toward protecting that investment. Whether it’s protecting the structure of your home, your personal property or to prevent being sued after someone is injured on your property, home insurance is a necessary purchase even if it’s not legally required.
Homeowners Insurance Coverage Options in
Most home insurance policies sold in Arkansas feature a standard set of insurance coverage that covers the costs of rebuilding or repairing your home, protecting your personal property and covering you in the event of someone else’s injury or property damage. This coverage often includes:
- Dwelling coverage protects the structure of your home, including the walls and roof.
- Personal property coverage helps replace your belongings if they are damaged or stolen. It includes furniture, appliances and more.
- Liability coverage helps defend you and your finances if someone sues after sustaining an injury on your property or if you damage their property.
- Guest medical protection coverage pays for medical expenses for someone who sustains an injury on your property.
- Additional living expenses coverage pays for increased expenses such as lodging and food if your home is rendered uninhabitable after a covered loss.
Common Causes of Loss in
Arkansas sees its fair share of disasters, storms and other catastrophes that cause losses for homeowners that require substantial home insurance claims. Some of the most common causes for claims in the state include:
- Hail damage, often caused by thunderstorms and hurricanes
- Wind damage from thunderstorms, tornadoes and hurricanes
- Theft or burglary
- Earthquakes, which occur due to the state’s proximity to the New Madrid faultline.2
Additional Coverage Options Recommended for Homeowners
Depending on what part of the state you call home, it may make sense to add additional insurance options to your standard home insurance policy, such as:
- Flood insurance is not included in traditional home insurance policies. Flood insurance can be purchased separately from your insurance company or as part of FEMA’s National Flood Insurance Program.3
- Earthquake insurance can help cover damages related to earthquakes and their aftershocks. Because most standard home insurance policies do not cover earthquakes, it’s worth consideration for Arkansas homeowners.
- Water backup coverage covers damages related to a backed-up drain or a sump pump malfunction.
- Scheduled personal property coverage is important for heirlooms, valuable antiques and expensive jewelry or pieces of art. It often requires these items to be professionally appraised.
- Identity theft coverage can help cover the costs of legal fees and lost wages if your identity is stolen.
Our Home Insurance Partners in
SelectQuote works with home insurance companies in Arkansas and other states to provide our customers with affordable insurance coverage. By partnering with reputable, trusted companies in Arkansas, we help you shop for insurance by comparing rates and available discounts from several carriers at one time.
What is the average home insurance cost in ?
Average monthly home insurance rates for SelectQuote customers in Arkansas are $140.70.+ Rates vary by your ZIP code, age of your home, total policy limits and your deductible. Your credit rating will also have some influence over your insurance premiums, as will the number of home claims you’ve filed over the past few years.
Homeowners Insurance Discounts in
For many price-conscious homeowners, a discount on their home insurance is an appealing way to save money. Some of the most common ways to save on your rates include:
- Buying a policy with a higher deductible
- Sticking with your insurance company for several years at a time
- Installing a home security system or other safety equipment that lowers your home’s risk assessment
- Bundling your home and auto insurance together under one policy
Bundle Your Home and Auto Insurance to Save Money
SelectQuote customers in Arkansas save an average of $693 per year when they bundle their home and auto policies.
Average Home and Auto Insurance Rates in
The following rates include average monthly premiums paid by real SelectQuote customers in Arkansas. Your monthly home and auto insurance rates will vary based on location, credit rating, discounts and other factors.
|City||Avg. Monthly Home Insurance Rate||Avg. Monthly Auto Insurance Rate||Avg. Monthly Rate of Bundled Policies|
|Hot Springs National Park||$176.86||$103.73||$234.37|
Average monthly rates are from effective SelectQuote customer policies between 4/1/2022 and 3/31/2023.
Auto Insurance in
Arkansas drivers spend betwen $433 and $1,907 per year on auto insurance.4 But with over 285 million vehicles5 on the road and over 212 million licensed drivers,6 auto insurance is an important purchase to make. Making the right choice for your auto coverage may seem complicated, but there are plenty of options available for affordable insurance—including coverage you can bundle with your existing home insurance.
Auto Insurance Laws and Requirements
Like many other states, Arkansas mandates all drivers carry a minimum legal amount of car insurance to help cover costs associated with auto accidents involving other drivers, pedestrians or property. This insurance—known as bodily injury liability coverage and personal property liability coverage—can help pay for injuries, funeral expenses, and property damages resulting from accidents that are your fault.
In addition to liability coverage, you must also be offered the opportunity to purchase uninsured motorist (UM) coverage and underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage. These types of coverage help pay for costs associated with injury and property damage as a result of accidents where another driver is found at fault, but has insufficient insurance (or no coverage) to pay for damages.
All data on average expenditures is provided by the Insurance Information Institute.
|Type of Insurance Coverage||Minimum Coverage Limit|
|Bodily injury liability coverage+|
|Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage+|
|Medical expense coverage||$5,000+|
|Loss of income benefits coverage||$140 per week+|
|Accidental death benefits||$5,000 per person+|
|Collision coverage||Not required|
|Comprehensive coverage||Not required|
|Rental coverage||Not required|
|Towing coverage||Not required|
+May be rejected in writing
In addition to the mandatory insurance coverage you must purchase, other types of coverage are available. Collision coverage helps pay for damages that occur as a result of an accident involving another vehicle. Comprehensive coverage can pay for damages after an accident involving an animal, falling object, fire or storm. Comprehensive coverage can also help replace your vehicle after theft.
Teen Driving Laws
Arkansas requires all teen drivers to go through the process of obtaining a graduated driver’s license.7 A learner’s license is required for all drivers ages 14-15 and an intermediate license is provided for teens who are 16-17 years old. All drivers, regardless of age, must be listed on an auto insurance policy. It’s often cheaper for a parent to add a teen driver to their policy than for the teen to purchase insurance on their own.
Car Registration Information
Arkansas requires all new vehicle registrations and registration renewals to provide proof of auto insurance at the time of the transaction. This proof commonly takes the form of:
- A current auto insurance card
- An official policy declaration page from your car insurance company
- A letter from your auto insurance company on company letterhead
What is the average car insurance cost for SelectQuote customers in ?
SelectQuote customers in Arkansas pay an average monthly premium of $151.99 for auto insurance.+ Note that rates will vary based on:
- Type of coverage purchased
- Your credit and driving history
- The make, model and age of vehicle
- Where you live in the state
Our Auto Insurance Partners in
SelectQuote partners with highly rated and trusted insurance companies in Arkansas to provide you with affordable auto insurance coverage. We shop and compare rates from several carriers at one time and pass along the savings to you.
Home and Auto Insurance Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve included some common inquiries from SelectQuote customers below to help you as you shop for home and auto coverage.
How do I shop for insurance in Arkansas?
The best way to shop for home and auto insurance is to make informed decisions about coverage. Don’t just settle for an insurance policy based on word-of-mouth or a clever commercial. By partnering with someone who knows the industry, you can find affordable coverage that meets your needs from a company you may not have considered before.
How should I buy home insurance in Arkansas?
Shopping for home insurance isn’t that complicated, especially if you follow some key steps:
- Determine how much coverage you need based on your home’s value, your personal property inventory and what it would cost you to rebuild your home after an accident.
- Compare rates from several different insurance companies at one time, but don’t focus exclusively on price.
- Ask for any and all discounts that may apply, including what you can save by bundling home and auto coverage.
How should I shop for auto insurance in Arkansas?
When you need to buy auto insurance, the process is similar to home insurance and follows the same basic rules:
- Determine needed coverage limits. Depending on your vehicle, you may only need minimum legal coverage. If you have leased or financed your car, you may be required to buy full coverage.
- Compare monthly and yearly rates from several companies at once. SelectQuote can help you with this by shopping around for coverage based on your unique needs.
- Ask for discounts on coverage, such as a discount for safe driving and bundling your home and auto insurance.
How long does an insurance company have to pay a claim in Arkansas?
For home and auto insurance, insurance companies have 45 working days to respond to a claim.8 This includes:
- 15 days to acknowledge the receipt of the claim
- 15 days to make a decision on the claim
- 10 days to make the final payment
Some insurance companies may take longer to respond to and settle the claim than others based on the complexity of the claim.
Do I need mobile home insurance in Arkansas?
Because mobile homes are built differently than stick-built homes, they often require special insurance. Mobile homes are at an increased risk of wind and fire damage, and for these reasons insuring them often costs more than other types of dwellings.
What is recommended for car insurance coverage in Arkansas?
Depending on how you’ve purchased your vehicle, you may only need to buy the minimum legal coverage for your automobile. However, in most cases it’s recommended that you purchase more than the minimum legal liability coverage. This amount often fails to completely cover the costs of an auto accident, especially if multiple parties are involved. Your lender may also require you to buy full coverage, including gap insurance, to help protect their investment in your vehicle.
SelectQuote Can Shop Home or Auto Insurance to Save You Time and Money
No matter what kind of home or auto insurance policy you need to buy in Arkansas, SelectQuote can help answer your questions and put you in contact with nationally recognized insurance companies.
We compare rates from several carriers at once and present you with unbiased information so you can make the right choice for your insurance needs. We even compare bundled home and auto insurance discounts from all applicable companies to help you save even more money.
We shop. You save.